If your website is all about travel, then you have the opportunity to earn some extra income from some great affiliate programs for travel bloggers.
Think of everything travel related that you could promote on your blog. Hotels, cars, airfare, train, food…the options are endless. Anything travel could mean…well, anything!
The travel niche for bloggers is a very successful niche because it appeals to so many different readers.
People are interested in learning about ways to save money when traveling, ways to travel with kids, best places to travel during certain times of the year and on and on. The possibilities for posts and topics to cover could be never-ending.
And with those topics and posts comes the opportunity to earn some pretty hefty commissions.
First and foremost, you have to be partnered up with some great affiliate programs that work well with your blog and your audience.
To help you get started, here are a few affiliate programs to consider. These are some of our favorites.
10 Affiliate Programs for Travel Bloggers
- TripAdvisor – TripAdvisor is a huge site for the travel industry. Partnering up with them is a great way to earn some awesome commission potential. They offer up to 50% commission for each sale. Talk about a great way to earn some awesome money from your blog!
- Expedia – Looking for an affiliate program that has thousands of options that you can offer to your readers? This may be the affiliate program that you are looking for!
- Cruise Direct – Who doesn’t love a good cruise? With Cruise Direct, the options are plentiful for different cruises to offer your readers.
- Cruise Compete – Another great affiliate that is free to join and offers a good sales commission on cruises that are booked for up to 90 days after your reader requests a quote. That’s a long time to be able to earn commission off of one inquiry!
- Sandals – If your readers are looking for a resort type travel escape, why not give them a few options by becoming a Sandals affiliate?
- Marriott – There seem to be Marriott hotels everywhere, so why not become an affiliate with them and offer their hotel options for your travel lovers. Marriotts are worldwide and are a name that people know to love and trust. By becoming an affiliate to their program, you will definitely catch the eye of your readers to help turn those clicks into sales!
- Funjet Vacations – Talk about a one-stop shop for all things vacation! This affiliate program offers hotel, airfare, and other package options that you earn commission off of for each and every booking. Why not give your readers a bit of variety with this affiliate program?
- Southwest Vacations – Southwest is a great brand that many people know and recognize. Why not partner with them to offer their services on your blog?
- Apple Vacations – Apple Vacations offers choices to the Caribbean, Hawaii, Mexico and the Bahamas. Who doesn’t love booking vacations to those destinations? And for each vacation booked, you earn $72 in commission. Talk about an easy way to earn some affiliate money!
- Jet Set Vacations – Looking to offer your readers exciting vacation offers that they can book and enjoy? This may be the affiliate partner that you’ve been waiting for.
Becoming an affiliate partner with travel websites is a must if you are running a travel blog. There are so many great options out there that it can be hard to narrow it down to just a few. Think of what options that you want to give your readers, and then go from there. If you want to focus more on US vacations, or vacations that are family friendly, zone in on those thoughts and find the best affiliates that can highlight that. Once you have your plan in place, it’s time to start applying to affiliates to see about acceptable. They aren’t always a yes, as some do have minimum requirements that each blog has to have. Traffic, sessions, followers, etc. are all things that affiliate programs may ask before accepting you. If you are going to apply to an affiliate, make certain to read their guidelines before applying. It’d be a shame to apply when you don’t meet the minimum requirements and get denied, only to find out that once you are denied, you can’t apply again. Be prepared, do your research and have fun finding the best travel affiliates for you and your audience!
Food Blogger Affiliate Programs
Are you a food blogger? Here are some of our favorite affiliate groups to join.